It is the mission of the School Counseling Program at Lott Elementary School to provide a comprehensive guidance program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. In partnership with other educators, families, students, and the community, the school counselor facilitates a support system to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
The Four Components to the School Counseling Program:
- Guidance Curriculum Instruction- content delivered to ALL students , which focuses on Academics, Career Exploration, and Personal/Social Development
- Individual Student Planning- assist students in planning and managing their emotional needs and educational career development
- Responsive Services- address the immediate personal concerns of students
- System Support- includes program, staff, and school support activities
I am very excited for this school year! With your help, it’s going to be an amazing year! The counseling program will be focusing on Character Education and Anti-bullying which will foster a positive learning environment for your child. Please feel free to contact Kayce Neal at 254-584-4251 Ext. 203 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Tips for School Success
- Attendance is very important! Unless your child is sick, please make sure that your child is present and at the school on time. If your child isn’t at school, they are not learning!
- To help your child have the best chance of doing well in school, make sure your child follows healthy habits. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep. The recommended amount of sleep for an elementary student is 10 hours of sleep each night. Also, breakfast is very important for your child’s success because students who have eaten breakfast can concentrate better and have a longer attention span, helping them to learn and study better. Your child can either eat breakfast at home or at the school before classes begin.
- Create a homework space at home so that your child has an area to work. It often makes it easier and more fun for children to complete assignments at home when they have plenty of light and lots of supplies.
- Show interest! Ask your child at the end of each day how their school day went. Also, meet the teachers and stay in contact by phone or email so that you can discuss any concerns as they arise. It will also help teachers communicate with you if they have concerns about your child.
We are going to have a wonderful year! Please contact me if you have any questions.